Monday, November 14, 2011

Let Them Eat Pie

I don't know why, but now that our Stake Conference is over, I'm ready to dive into Thanksgiving and Christmas. Weird, but there it is.

In that spirit, I saw this on younghouselove.com a few minutes ago, and it reminded me of a particular holiday.


Years ago, we were having Thanksgiving (or Christmas, I forget now) at my Grandma's house. The bird wasn't done yet and everyone was hungry, so Grandma declared that we were going to eat pie before dinner. It was the stuff of legend. I would like to make it a tradition. (Honestly, who wouldn't want to make it a tradition?)

When I saw this, it reminded me of that holiday. I am totally inspired to make a similar poster for my grandmother that reads "let them EAT PIE".

Happy Holidays, everyone!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I have one of these that says "Keep Calm and Eat Cupcakes" :)

Heather said...

Haha. I like it! :)

Danna said...

Heather! I love it! You should totally make it! That thanksgiving will live in infamy for many generations I am sure!! If you make one and can/want to share Dan would love it!! It would be an awesome thanksgiving decoration!! ;)

Heather said...

Haha. I'll post a printable when/if I get it done. :)