Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pintrest: Virtual Crack for DIY-ers

I'll be honest: Pintrest scares me.

Why? Because I could waste hours and hours looking at all of the photos, gleaning ideas, and drooling over all of the pretty rooms. I resisted signing up for months because I didn't want to get caught in its addicting web.

Then younghouselove issued their fall Pintrest challenge and I cracked like an egg.


I got my invite yesterday.

^ Trouble ^
Then the rest of the day unfolded as I knew it would. I spent several hours repinning and gleaning several ideas that will marinade over the next several months. You can check out my boards here.

My Pinterest Boards
Someone do me a favor and call in a few days to make sure that everyone over here are still civil human beings and that we haven't devolved into feral, starving beasts.


PS. I submitted my photo letter art from Monday to the Fall Pintrest Challenge.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Bronte showed me her pinterest wall when she was home this summer; I have been resisting, too. I already have file folders of photos gleaned from magazines, book shelves overflowing with Amy Butler, Selina Lake, etc., and recipe boxes bursting with delicious suggestions. I may need a 12-step program...

Heather said...

lol. I think there are a lot of people who could use a Pintrest 12-step program. ;)

Fortunately, I actually haven't been on Pintrest any more than I already use google image search. It's just that I save the images as pins, instead of to folders on my computer. I suppose I could be saving hard drive space this way. hmmm....