Monday, February 20, 2012

Mini Bins

I'm on an organizing rampage this week. I do not enjoy cleaning my house because of all of the clutter. Ugh! It drives me nuts.

I was reading about starting with organizing, not cleaning. I have a tendency to shove stuff out of the way (a closet, drawer, box, etc.) just so that I can do the actual cleaning. This week I decided to ignore the scrubbing part and just focus on making a place for everything and putting everything in its place.

On Saturday I started with my closet and bathroom. I didn't finish anything, but made some good progress. Also, in an effort to create a place for everything, I made some little organizing bins for my once-a-month products. They turned out so cute!

Here is the cabinet in the water closet where I keep all of that stuff.


And here are the new bins. Didn't they turn out well?


I started with some small, empty boxes that were literally lying around. I taped all of the edges with packing tape, and cut open the tops (formerly the fronts).


Then I covered them in fabric. The finishing touch was adding the large eyelets to the fronts. I tell you, hardware to a project is frosting to a cupcake. It's just not quite finished without it.


See how nicely the boxes fit in the cabinet? It's fate, I tell you. These bins were meant to be!


They're beautiful, solve a storage/organizing problem, and didn't cost me a cent! One can't ask for more than that.


Now if I can come up with cute storage for the products that go on the lower shelf, I can take the paper out of the door. One victory at a time. :)

4 comments:

Kate @ BROhaha said...

I LOVE this! great job :)

Heather said...

Thanks! :)

Shannon said...

Excellent upcycle! Sadly, my projects-in-progress bins would need to be made out of much bigger boxes...

Heather said...

Haha! I recently started a box like that. I used a Kassett magazine box from Ikea. Much bigger than these mini bins. :P

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00115478/#/80115484