Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Am Waiting for Vizzini... Er, I Mean FedEx

In the words of Inigo Montoya, I hate waiting.

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. I've been using a Canon point-and-shoot for the last four years. It has served us well enough. But a few weeks ago it started complaining about needing new batteries. You put fresh batteries in, and it starts complaining again after a few shots. I test the batteries and they are still charged, but you have to put in fresh ones anyway. Last week this problem reached new heights when I could only get off three shots before needing to change the batteries. That's right. Count them. Three.

My hubby and I spent the weekend shopping for a new camera. He has wanted an SLR for a while now, so this seemed like a good opportunity.

We settled on the Nikon D3100. It is a good camera for beginners and takes professional quality photos. We ordered a refurbished model on Monday at RitzCamera.com for $500, which is a smokin' deal for a piece of hardware of this caliber.

Nikon D3100 | RitzCamera.com
I am dying to get this camera so that I can start taking pictures again! It is supposed to arrive today. I hope it gets here before the sun goes down and I'm stuck with bad lighting for checking out our new toy.

4 comments:

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Ooolala! That is a beautiful camera! I'd be impatient too! I'm getting a new one for Christmas. A Nikon L105, it's a point and shoot but with a lot more features and better quality.

Heather said...

Nice! Sounds like it's going to be a very merry Christmas! :)

Kurt Toolson said...

Just think of the projects you are going to be able to photograph! ;)

Shannon said...

Sorry, that last one was me. :)