Friday, October 7, 2011

Modeling a Floor Plan

Okay, and we're back! Sorry I've been out for so long, but enough of that. Let's jump right in to today's post!

Yesterday I went over to one of my friend's house and measured her main floor to draw up a floor plan. If any of you want to try to do the same, this is how it worked.

First I did a rough sketch of what the space looked like. You could measure and draw as you go, but I find it more efficient to draw first then measure second. After the rough sketch of everything I wanted to include in my measurements was done, I pulled out my tape measure and got to work.


I took my sketch home and hopped on floorplanner.com (which I learned about here) and quickly modeled what their space looks like,


and a few ideas of mine of what it could look like.


It's far from perfect and the measurements are a little off, but it did give me a quick reference point. I also like that I can click on any floor and it will give me the square-footage so I don't have to figure it out myself. It makes pricing new flooring so much easier!

A big thanks to my friend who left me invade her space!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing the link!