Monday, January 9, 2012

A Big Christmas Surprise

We are finally home from visiting my family for Christmas (all good, even with the stomach bug that went around), and getting back into the swing of things (at least a little). It is always amazing to me how long it takes to get back in the groove of life.

As you all know, I got my Cameo that I have been using wanting for Christmas. But I got another big surprise that I was completely clueless about.

It went something like this:
(I have a tradition of tying my hair back with a ribbon from one of my presents on Christmas morning, so I'm the one on the right. My sister is on the left.)






Yep, my mother bought us sewing machines. I was overwhelmed.

I give you the Husqvarna Viking Emerald 116.


I think I am still in shock. It is so nice and so smooth and can do so many things. There is even a built in table showing what settings to use for the most common stitches for weave, stretch and synthetic materials so you don't have to guess what tension setting or stitch length to use. It can even do a buttonhole! (That was my biggest problem with my old hand-me-down machine. I couldn't figure out how to make a nice buttonhole.) I love it.

THANK YOU, MOM!

Tune in tomorrow to see the first project I did with my new sewing machine when I got home.

3 comments:

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

What a great gift! Can't wait to see what you made!

Heather said...

Thanks!

Shannon said...

What a perfect present for you! I am looking forward to all of your projects...