Monday, December 12, 2011

Dangerous Ideas

I have been on a gleaning-ideas-from-my-fellow-bloggers kick lately. First, there was the rug. Then there were the owls. (And honestly, I think we can all admit that most good ideas were first thought up by someone else, anyway.) My most recent idea is perhaps one of my most dangerous. I can totally see myself going crazy with this one.

I read, "My refrigerator looks sad but unfortunately it's a built-in one so I can't use magnets. But I guess I could take some vinyl decals and decorate the whole kitchen :)" here. I could feel the lightning bolt hitting my brain.

A long time ago, there was an episode of Color Splash where David was doing this Asian/contemporary kitchen and he painted (or stained?) flowers on the upper cabinets. I thought it was a fabulous idea to decorate the doors like that. In a kitchen with wall-to-wall cabinets like mine (and many of yours, I'm assuming), there isn't a lot of wall space for decorating. Putting decals on the doors is like the best of all worlds (especially if you are like me and do not have designer cabinets with the varying heights and depths, etc. to make them interesting).

My Kitchen
If you do an online image search, you can find plenty of examples of other people doing this. But this one took the cake. Oh my gosh! Black, white, contemporary, flowers, circles--this is so beautiful!

http://www.womanlypage.com/coloured-kitchen-cabinets
I'm so grateful that Darin got Santa is getting me a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas. I can't wait to try this!

(PS. You can see a few other designs be clicking on the link under the photo.)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I am guessing there is going to be precious little sleeping going on in your house the week after Christmas! Be sure to share your "new" cabinets with us blog readers. :)

Heather said...

You know it! ;)