Thursday, December 8, 2011

Super Awesome and Totally Juicy Painted Rug Tutorial

I just found my new addiction. This chick is definitely a girl after my own heart. I've only seen a few things on her blog, www.almost40yearoldintern.com, but I am loving every bit of it!

For instance, I've seen a lot of people buying Ikea's ERSLEV rug in white and painting it; but not only does this girl use awesome patterns and colors and share very detailed tutorials with lots of pictures (have I ever mentioned that I'm a picture person?), she also tells you exactly which products she used--with links--so you know for sure what she is talking about! (Whew. Can you say longest sentence ever?)

But that's not even the best part, at least to me. In the other tutorials I have read about painting a flatwoven rug, the dear DIY-ers have mostly been using plain latex paint. That always felt wrong for some reason. The (formerly almost) 40 year old intern shed some light on why this is. One needs to add a fabric medium to the latex paint before painting the rug. Can I get a collective 'ah...'?

You can check out all of the juicy details on her rugs here,

Fab Pink Geometric Painted Rug
and here.


Groovy Modern Lemon Yellow Geometric Starburst Rug
See? I told you they are super awesome and totally juicy!

Dear! We need to go to Ikea!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Those are fabulous!

Heather said...

Sure are. I can't wait to try it myself! :D

the almost 40 year old intern said...

thanks for sharing my projects!! what a lovely compliment! xo

Heather said...

You are most welcome. You did an awesome job and I love it so much, I just had to share! :)